Gone are the days when you posted ads on print media and journals with no proper feedback and response. Digital ads have taken the space of the traditional approach as these are faster, simpler, economical, and offer immediate consumer feedback to the business.
In a survey, a fact came out to light that more than 45% of SMBs do not have any online presence. Shocking but true! However, the studies reveal that you can influence the local and global market up to 90% through digital advertising, and therefore, investing in digital ads is a wise choice. Here are tips for SMBs to make the best use of digital advertising.
- Exploit social media: For SMBs, social media is like ripening low-hanging fruit. So, it is quick and easy to reap benefits. You must exploit the advantages of social media as it is faster, painless, available on zero investments, and gives instant results. Meta, Instagram, and YouTube are the best platforms to explore for digital advertising. These platforms are like phone directories and yellow pages of yesteryears. You can also try social media ads. The ads are nominal to start. There are several user-friendly applications available online for you to decide the designs within budget.
- Plan the ads and target accordingly, what you want to promote, who the targeted consumers are, what type of approach you seek, and what strategy will suit the brand – these are simple queries that shall help you build a robust digital marketing ad.
- PPC or Pay-Per-Click: The ideal approach for Small and Medium Businesses in the digital world is trying the PPC ads. The PPC model is very straightforward, you only pay when a visitor clicks on the ad or else not. One of the best options for trying this model is through Bing ads and Google ads. Just be aware of the auction procedure as the PPC ads are available on a bidding basis. The price of the bid depends on the amount you are willing to shell on every click. The higher the bid, the chances of a better ad position on the webpage.
- For an SMB, the recommended average budget for digital marketing through PPC is $1000 to $10000 per month. This way, you can reap optimum benefits by the end of the first quarter.
- Mobile advertisements: A study says that there are more mobile users than laptop or tablet users, and therefore when you target the market through mobile ads, it creates more effect. As per Google, you can increase your brand awareness by 46% by placing a great mobile ad. SMBs can create pathbreaking digital advertising campaigns through mobile ads.
- Several tools and applications are there to help SMBs work toward digital exposure. The approach, price point, consumer behavior, and returns may vary, but all will bring positive growth to your business. Use simple tactics like retargeting ads from the Instagram link to your website and convert visitors into leads.
Make the best choice and start investing in developing websites and social media presence for your startup and middle-size company.