Statistics of Facebook Users of Various Age Groups in India

By | March 27, 2012

Facebook usage in India is growing rapidly. Facebook has nearly 29 million Indian active Internet users in 2011, according to the Social bakers June 2011 statistics. With the increase of 11.2 million users base in 6 months, India is ranked atop among Asian countries in terms of Facebook users and is also top growing country in this aspect. And also India ranked 4th among all over the world in terms of number of Facebook users. US (151.3 M), Indonesia (38.8 M), UK (29.8 M), countries are ahead of India.

Facebook user base is dominated by males in India. About 72% of the Indian Facebook users are Male and remaining 28% of the Facebook users are Female. In India, usage of Facebook is led by 18-24 age group with 48%, followed by 25-34 age group (28%), 35-44 age group (8%), 16-17 age group (7%), 13-15 age group (5%), 45-54 age group (3%), 55-64 age group (1%) and above 65 (1%).

In the past three months, the 18-24 age group people have increased by more than three lakh, followed by 25 – 34 age group with 2 lakh people. And other age groups are increased below one lac. According to these statistics, Indian Facebook usage is dominated by younger generation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *